Happy New Year

Okay. This time I hope I can make it happen. As I posted in my Facebook account, my number one New Year's resolution is to resurrect this blog. So here I am again.

So many things happened since the last time I posted an update in this blog. I got elected national President of PMAP, the national association of human resource managers in the country and the post was more than a full-time job particularly since we didn't have an Executive Director this year. This, on top of my full-time job in PNB which is already stressful in itself and takes up so much of my time (naturally, they pay me full time as well, grin). And yes, I still teach evenings and weekends; and I still write a column Mondays and Wednesdays at the op-ed pages of the Manila Standard Today. Sadly we had to close down the clinic and drop in center of the Remedios AIDS Foundation although the foundation is still legally existent; am not sure when we will have the resources to re-open. It's really sad because money for HIV/AIDS work is drying up at a time when the country needs it the most.

On top of my resolution to resurrect this blog, I also will try to:

1. Lose at least 30 pounds this year. I lost 20 pounds September to November and then gained back around 10 in December. Sigh. Unfortunately, there really is no magic bullet for it - Herbalife worked for me until I got severe stomach pains. Apparently my hyperacidity and GERD was aggravated so I guess I will just have to hit the gym at least twice a week. At my age I really and seriously need to start taking better care of my health.

2. Submit an entry to the Palanca Awards. I have been thinking about it in the last two years and I think I am ready to give it a shot this time around. Wala lang, just thought I need to explore new pathways for my writing.

3. Do something more concrete for the environment other than just writing about it and helping out other groups. I haven't really thought about what exactly I will do but I am thinking of getting some friends to do a major reforestation of the mountains of my hometown. The town was in the news recently because of heavy flooding. It's a long story but my column on January 2 is partly about it.

4. I vow to be a little more assertive this year and stop allowing people to take advantage of my generosity. Sigh.

5. I will save more this year. I will make it a point to fatten my savings account somehow.

There. I just made my personal list for 2012. Now the hard work begins...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Letter To Our Leaders

Farewell, Victor

A pathway towards better clarity of the issues on RH Bill