Dumbledore is not dead

The movie is opening tomorrow and as expected, there is this air of excitement that is almost palpable hanging around diehard Potter fans. No you won't find me in the moviehouses tomorrow. Yes I did read all the HP books and found them quite interesting; but I am not going to risk life and limb for bragging rights ("I watched it na!!!" yeah right, as if that means one's IQ has improved a notch higher by being first in line at the ticke counter). But go ahead and watch it asap if you think your whole mental health and self esteem hangs on watching the movie before everyone else.

The witches and wizards I know have also been all agog over this website (www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com). Okay, okay, in the interest of fairness, those who have not read HP6 (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) should not read any further as what follows contain spoilers. Yes, in that book, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore gets killed in the end by Severus Snape, Potions professor at Hogwarts. When I read the book, I couldnt help but notice that there were a number of clues left rather obviously about his imminent return - but I must admit that I felt a little sad that he had to go. I mean must everyone with affection for HP get killed in that series? I have this thing for the jilted and Harry gets his heart broken many times in the series.

But is Dumbledore really dead? I don't think so. But I am amazed that there are people who have studied the question with the same enthusiasm and level of effort as say, the search for the Holy Grail or the lost continent. Well, we all have our own poisons.

I will end here as I know that you are dying to get to the site. Go! And be converted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Letter To Our Leaders

Farewell, Victor

A pathway towards better clarity of the issues on RH Bill